Doris was stationed on Tinian Island when the Enola Gay and the Bockscar departed with the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Magasaki.
John Wise was in the Navy, but was on the ground in Nagasaki 2 days after the atomic bomb was dropped to find British POWs.
I can remember going to the Town Hall with Charlie Homer and my father to urge that a traffic light be placed at Oak Hill,...
2015 Interviews with David McGovern and Jim Rose + Photos+Movies
Mary Brinton’s Account (From her illustrated Diaries, thanks Betsy Roak) The whole summer was benefited, or should have been, by the Baker reunion held at...
CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN OF LOUIS AND SARAH BAKER At Bakie's 75th Birthday, August 4, 1941 Prouts Neck, Maine Left to right Top Row, Lesley, Linda,...
Dec 7, 1941. The Japanese made and “assination” on Pearl Harbor, HI — Their envoys were talking with Stinson 1 hour after they knew the...
Note the 1940s gas pump. Also note spelling of Scarboro on the sign.
Word Search Tips
- Type words to search, e.g. “Bob Jordan”, “1942”
- Press the “Enter”/”Return” button on your keyboard
- Use drop-down lists and checkboxes to filter your search.
- Number indicates how many items for that topic.
Zoom, Slide Show, Captions
- Click on images to zoom and see captions.
- You can also download, print and share.
(Visited 4,219 times, 1 visits today)