From left: Lucy C. Farr, unknown, Anne Farr Bartol, (Mr. AFB), Jocelyn Farr, and the baby is most likely John Farr Bartol.
THIS IS AN OLD MAP to test this map-post.... But does this info go into the original media also???
It was not unusual that in the 1920s airplanes used the beach for an airport. The packed sand at low water made a good landing...
Semi-professional film shot throughout Prouts in 1921. Starring (we think) ‘Capt’PW Sprague, Shaw Sprague and pal Jim Baldwin. Harry Howe of Harvard, with the help...
Polly's sister - Elizabeth Shaw - married PW Sprague, and introduced the Walton clan to Prouts Neck.
The 3 girls in matching dresses are, in order of age: Frances Swasey Porteous (Mrs. Marion L.L. Short 1913-1939), Polly Porteous (Mrs. Andrew Y. Rogers...
Prouts Neck Country Club Family Membership card from the 1921 season, "unlimited membership covering house, tennis and golf privileges"
Yes, talent shows were once held in the Sanctuary. Bring your mosquito repellent!
Word Search Tips
- Type words to search, e.g. “Bob Jordan”, “1942”
- Press the “Enter”/”Return” button on your keyboard
- Use drop-down lists and checkboxes to filter your search.
- Number indicates how many items for that topic.
Zoom, Slide Show, Captions
- Click on images to zoom and see captions.
- You can also download, print and share.
(Visited 4,219 times, 1 visits today)